Head of Learning – Assessment Practices and Data, Years 6-12
Commencing Term 1, 2024
Trinity Lutheran College is a Christian co-educational college that provides a holistic and diverse educational experience to students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and offer well-established and internationally recognised curriculum. We are in the beautiful, centrally located area of Ashmore on the Gold Coast. Trinity Lutheran College is committed to providing a world-class education to all students and values the development and success of all students.
We are currently seeking a full-time Head of Learning – Assessment Practices and Data, Years 6-12 to join our Middle and Senior Years Campus. This is a full-time permanent teaching position, with added Head of Learning responsibilities for an initial tenure of 3 years. This position will commence on Thursday 11 January 2024.
It is an expectation that a person holding a position of added responsibilities at the College is able to provide significant leadership to the staff and community at all times, in accordance with college ethos, policies and strategic plan, and is able to articulate and authentically model the values and beliefs of the Lutheran school.
The HOL Assessment Practices and Data, Years 6–12 is responsible for the following:
- Assessment processes (policies and procedures, uploading of assessments, extensions, academic misconduct investigation).
- Assessment calendars.
- Coordination of NAPLAN, internal and external examination blocks.
- Innovative assessment design and moderation process to ensure improvements in engagement and learning.
- Ensure compliance with all QCAA requirements.
- Data management (inputting/overseeing the inputting of data).
- Data extraction and analysis (cohort and individual trends).
- Working with designated teams to deliver action plans based on data, to see improvements in teaching and learning.
Pre-service Teacher Program:
- Oversee the coordination of the Pre-Service Teacher Program.
- Continue to evaluate and innovate this program to ensure maximum benefits for all stakeholders.
Position Description and Selection criteria
For more information pertaining to the role please review the Position description – Head of Learning Assessment Practices and Data the selection criteria within the will be used by the selection panel when short-listing candidates. Applicants should address the criteria in their written applications.
In addition, the candidate must hold appropriate tertiary qualifications in Secondary Education as well as current Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) registration. Trinity Lutheran College requires all staff to abide by the Lutheran ethos and to support the values and culture of the College.
For further information about our college please visit our website: tlc.qld.edu.au.
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and wellbeing program
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- A sense of community and an opportunity to make a difference
- An ideal central Gold Coast location
- A collaborative and supportive team culture
- Have genuine training and development options, with opportunity for further career progression
How to apply
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Manager by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Applications close 8.00am, 11 September 2023
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer