_________________________________________________________________________________________

Meet Amy Atkinson, Head of Trinity’s Netball team, and Jason Croll our Head of Rugby.

Their passion, dedication, and leadership have not only lifted the performance of our school’s teams but have also instilled a culture of excellence and sportsmanship throughout our community.

Read on below to get to learn more about the remarkable journeys of Amy and Jason, and the profound impact they’ve had on Trinity’s sporting legacy.

Amy Atkinson, Head of Netball

I’m thrilled to be part of the Trinity family as the Head of Netball! From the moment I stepped foot on campus, I knew I was in the right place. Not only did I secure a teaching contract, but I also had the honour of taking on the role of Open A coach for APS netball. It’s been an absolute privilege to be part of a community that values the holistic development of young women in the sporting arena.

My passion for empowering athletes runs deep. I’m committed to providing our students with every opportunity to not only compete but to thrive both on and off the court. Being part of a team environment that fosters growth and camaraderie is truly fulfilling.

Over the past two years, I’ve had the pleasure of witnessing the remarkable growth of our netball program. From APS netball to club competitions, from the Vicki Wilson competition to primary school cups, our players have been making waves in the netball world. And let’s not forget the incredible experience of our inaugural Netball tour to New Zealand last year—a journey filled with sporting excellence and cultural exchange.

As we look ahead to 2024, the excitement continues to build. We’re welcoming highly experienced coaches to our team, expanding our reach to include Years 5 and 6 in the newly established Primary School Queensland Gala, and seeing our players thrive in representative teams across the Gold Coast. Additionally, the growth of Trinity Netball Club from 13 to 17 junior teams this year is proof of the passion and dedication of our players and staff.

But perhaps most exciting of all is the start of fundraising for our New Zealand 2025 tour. This will be an incredible opportunity for our students to not only showcase their netball skills but to immerse themselves in the rich culture of New Zealand—a journey that promises to be unforgettable.

I’m incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved so far, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for Trinity Netball.

Jason Croll, Head of Rugby

Since diving into coaching rugby here in Trinity in late 2019, I’ve witnessed some incredible transformations in our players’ skill levels and enthusiasm for the game. It’s been nothing short of inspiring to see both boys and girls embracing rugby with such passion and dedication.

One of the highlights of our program’s evolution has been the introduction of Rugby 7s. This initiative has opened up a whole new realm of opportunities for our students, allowing them to experience the fast-paced action of 7s rugby throughout the year. There’s something truly magical about watching young athletes pick up the ball for the first time and fall in love with the sport, all while honing their skills in an environment that prioritises character development and resilience.

Looking ahead, our goals for Trinity Rugby are ambitious yet achievable. We’re focused on expanding our APS 15-a-side teams, aiming to have four competitive teams participating in the weekly APS Season 1 fixtures. Additionally, we’re committed to maintaining our success in Rugby 7s, competing in tournaments both locally and nationally to showcase our talent on a broader stage.

But it’s not just about the wins and trophies. I’m equally passionate about fostering stronger connections between our rugby program and the wider Trinity community. By creating more opportunities for engagement and involvement, we can ensure that every student has the chance to experience the thrill of rugby and all the valuable lessons it has to offer.

So here’s to the exciting journey ahead, filled with camaraderie, growth, and plenty of unforgettable moments on the rugby field!