Full-time, Fixed-term, Maternity Leave contract – commencing Term 4
Trinity Lutheran College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 Christian co-educational college and an International Baccalaureate World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Located in Ashmore on the beautiful Gold Coast, we offer a world class education for all students.
An opportunity has arisen for a college Counsellor to join the College and existing pastoral care team. This is a Full-time maternity leave contract for 12 months, from Term 4 2023 until Term 4 2024.
The College Counsellor will be part of the pastoral care team working in an explicitly Christian school environment. This position is based on our Middle/Senior Years campus and will look after students ranging from Year 6 to Year 12. Pastoral care programs and structures are emphasised and are explicitly underpinned by fundamental aspects of the College ethos and Lutheran theology.
About the role of College Counsellor:
- Counselling of students – individual (including the development of individual behaviour management plans)
- Facilitate the personal and academic development of the student population through the creative integration of family, school and community resources through early intervention.
- Assist students, families and school personnel to address issues which adversely affect the functioning and optimum development of the student.
- Identify, contribute, and implement to a range of policies and resources to meet the needs within the school community.
- Act as a consultant in areas pertaining to interpersonal relationships, child/adolescent development, community resources, family functioning, and racial/cultural issues.
- Carry out a range of interventions applicable at different levels of the College and facilitate communication and positive interactions within and between the areas of learning and campuses of the College.
- Work in close partnerships with Heads of campus, Head of Wellbeing, Head of Inclusive Practices, College Pastor and other staff with regards to student welfare, counselling, pastoral care and/or behavioural needs.
The selection criteria within the Position description – College Counsellor will be used by the selection panel when short-listing candidates. Applicants should address the criteria in their written applications.
For further information about our college please visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au.
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:Employee Assistance Program available to all staff
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Supportive and inclusive community
- Great central Gold Coast location
- Free on-site parking
How to apply
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Manager by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Applications close 8.00am, 21 August 2023
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer