Junior Years Library Assistant, Full Time, Term-time, Fixed-Term – Maternity Leave Contract
Trinity Lutheran College is a Christian co-educational college that provides a holistic and diverse educational experience to students from early childhood to Year 12. We are in the beautiful, centrally located area of Ashmore on the Gold Coast. Trinity Lutheran College is committed to providing a world-class education to all students and values the development and success of all students.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly enthusiastic, collaborative and friendly Library Assistant to join our team on a full-time, term-time (School holidays off) basis from 1 September 2023 until January 2025, this is a maternity leave contract and is based in our brand-new Junior Learning Precinct library.
About the role:
- Provide administrative support to the Junior Years Library, students and College Staff.
- Perform circulation services, e.g., loans, returns, overdues, database maintenance.
- Maintain library resources, records and systems.
- Supervise the library during various times of the day including breaks, before and after school.
- Assist with routine tasks associated with digital resources including the day-to-day use of computers, access to on-line sources, databases and audio visual resources.
- Ensure the library is safe, welcoming and organised, including preparation of displays.
- Process and organise new resources from receipt until ready for loan according to established systems.
- Perform catalogue and database maintenance in consultation with the teacher librarian.
- Hold a certificate III in Library and Information Services or relevant experience in libraries.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work with children with diverse learning needs.
- Demonstrated personal and interpersonal skills that enhance positive relationships with all members of the community, especially teaching staff and students.
- A strong understanding of the developmental needs of young children and/or adolescents and emerging young adults
- Create a positive library environment that enhances student learning.
- Hold a current Working with Children (Blue card) and First Aid qualification or the ability to obtain.
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- A sense of community and an opportunity to make a difference.
- Have genuine training and development options, with opportunity for further career progression.
- An ideal central Gold Coast location
- Onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and wellbeing program
- A collaborative and supportive team culture
How to apply
For further information about the role please see Position Description – Library Assistant – Junior Years or visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au and follow the prompts to the employment section.
Applications with covering letter and resume, relevant qualifications, blue card, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference highly regarded, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at email@example.com
Any further queries about this position can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Manager by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4.00pm, 26 July 2023
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer.