Laboratory Technician – Science and STEAM
Years 6 – 12 (Middle & Senior Years), Full Time, Term Time Permanent Position
Trinity Lutheran College is a Christian co-educational college that provides a holistic and diverse educational experience to students from Kindergarten to Year 12. We are an International Baccalaureate World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and offer well-established and internationally recognised curriculum.
We are in the beautiful, centrally located area of Ashmore on the Gold Coast. Trinity Lutheran College is committed to providing a world-class education to all students and values the development and success of all students.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Assistant (Middle/Senior Years) to join our college commencing in Term 3, 2023. The position is a full-time, term time role which means you get to enjoy the school holiday breaks. The Laboratory Assistant plays in integral role in contributing to the provision of a quality educational service by providing a range of services to support student learning under the direction of the Head of Learning – Science & STEAM.
About the role:
- Organise, order and maintain all equipment, ensuring all equipment is stored appropriately, serviced and relevant safety checks are performed in line with Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Organisation of all experiments for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology and general science classes for Years 6 – 12, including preparation of materials, set up of the experiment and packing up/cleaning of materials
- Trialling selected experiments, particularly for Year 11 and 12 subjects
- Maintain STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) classroom resources.
- Undertake general administration duties.
- Maintain a safe working environment in all laboratories and preparation areas
- Ensure classrooms, laboratories and preparation areas are clean and tidy.
- Assist teachers and students during experiments and independent project work
- Hold a Certificate III, IV or Diploma in Science or equivalent qualification
- Have previous experience working in a laboratory environment
- A passion for building positive relationships with all members of the community particularly teaching staff and students
- Thrive in a busy laboratory with the ability to meet deadlines whilst providing a high-quality level of customer service
- Have a strong attention to detail coupled with the ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly and professional disposition
- Hold a blue card and qualifications in First Aid and CPR or willing to complete
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- A sense of community and an opportunity to make a difference
- Have genuine training and development options, with opportunity for further career progression
- An ideal central Gold Coast location
- Contemporary first-class facilities
- Onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and wellbeing program
- A collaborative and supportive team culture
Applications with covering letter, resume are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any further queries about this role can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Manager by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer