Head of Swimming. Full time, Permanent Position
Trinity Lutheran College is a Christian co-educational college that provides a holistic and diverse educational experience to students from early childhood to Year 12. We are in the beautiful, centrally located area of Ashmore on the Gold Coast. Trinity Lutheran College is committed to providing a world-class education to all students and values the development and success of all students.
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our team as a Head of Swimming. The Head of Swimming is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the college’s swimming programs, this includes implementation of the strategic management and pathway development of the college’s Early Years through to Year 12 swimming program inclusive of Learn to Swim (LTS), squad and developmental programs.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ready to take on their next challenge and contribute to the overall success of our Aquatics program. This is a full-time, permanent position, commencing as soon as possible!
A little About you:
- You are a people person who can effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and build rapport with families.
- Must be accredited with a minimum ASCTA Silver Level Coach Licence or equivalent.
- Have excellent organisation skills with a passion for swimming and developing our swim programs
- You have drive, energy and enthusiasm for encouraging passion, enjoyment and achievement to young people in swimming.
- Have a team-focused collaborative approach
About the Head of Swimming role:
- Responsible for implementation of the strategic management and pathway development of the college’s K-12 swimming program inclusive of Learn to Swim (LTS), squad and developmental programs:
- Ensure efficient and effective operation of the college’s swimming programs.
- Develop programs in which each swimmer trains in an appropriate squad of equivalent ability, skill level, dedication, fitness, competitive desire and love for the sport of swimming.
- Develop programs and relevant pathways, which are skill and ability based, from learn to swim through to senior state and national level.
- Organise , support and conduct pre-carnival warm-ups, college championships, swim camps, competitions, holiday training programs and attend presentations.
- Represent, liaise and collaborate with the Aquatics Club regarding the swim program
- Work collaboratively and closely with the Director of Sports and Activities regarding all aspects of the College swim program.
- Maintain students records and regularly communicate with families in relation to swimming.
- Prepare and maintain the swimming budget across the college.
- Lead and support the team of swim coaches with all aspects of their roles.
The selection criteria within the Position description – Head of Swimming will be used by the selection panel when short-listing candidates. Applicants should address the criteria in their written applications. For further information about our college please visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au and follow the prompts to the employment section.
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- Employee Assistance Program available to all staff
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- Professional and career development opportunities
- 1-week gifted leave over Christmas period
- Free on-site parking
How to apply
Applications with covering letter and resume, relevant qualifications, blue card, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference highly regarded, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Manager by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Applications close 4.00pm, 4 August 2023
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer