Applications are invited for a Middle/Senior Years Music teacher to join our dynamic and passionate arts team. Trinity Lutheran College has a proud history of an extensive and thriving performing arts program. Our arts team are dedicated to the promotion of teaching and learning in the arts and to the holistic artistic development of each student, in the academic classroom and the extensive performance based co-curricular programs offered.
This is a permanent position, and we are looking for the appointee to commence at the start of January 2023. Experience and proven ability to teach Middle Years Music, Senior Years Music and Music Extension required. An ability to be immersed in the performing arts co-curricular life of the college in either the choral or instrumental program with experience in ensemble direction will be highly desirable.
General Selection Criteria:
- Possess a clear understanding and experience in contemporary learning pedagogy in music education for middle and senior school students
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a highly driven and passionate arts team that seek to provide exceptional learning experiences and performance opportunities in the arts programs – both academic and co-curricular
- Be an innovative thinker, a passionate advocate of music education and contribute enthusiastically to the needs of the Performing Arts programs and events at the College
- Possess an ability to competently direct either choral or instrumental ensembles, contributing effectively to the extensive Performing Arts co-curricular programs at the College
- Proficient and innovative in the use of ICT in the classrooms
- Create a positive classroom environment that enhances student learning and successful development of student musicianship in their chosen field
- Commitment to supporting the college’s relational management and restorative practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills appropriate to establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff and parents, particularly the ability to work as a member of a highly functioning and creative team
- Hold current QCT registration, or ability to register prior to commencement
- Experience in teaching and assessing within the Australian curriculum is essential
- Committed to the Christian faith
- First aid qualification or the ability to acquire such
- Strong understanding of the developmental needs of adolescents and emerging young adults
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- Employee Assistance Program available to all staff
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- Professional and career development opportunities
How to apply
For further information please review the position description for Middle/Senior Years Music Teacher.
For further information about our college please visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference highly regarded, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at email@example.com
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Advisor by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4.00pm, 23 December 2022, identified candidates will be contacted and interviewed prior to closing date, all applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer