College Nurse. Part time, commencing 2023
Trinity Lutheran College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 Christian co-educational college and an International Baccalaureate World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Located in Ashmore on the beautiful Gold Coast, we offer a world class education for all students.
Are you a nurse looking for school hours and holidays off? An opportunity has arisen for a College Nurse to join our community. This role is a permanent, part-time, term time position. We are looking for a candidate to join us January 2023. The College Nurse is a registered health professional that supports the mission, vision and values of the College community and the College’s vision, who is involved in the primary health care of children from Prep aged to Year 12.
The main objective of the role is the responsibility is for the provision of College’s first aid services to students. The College nurse works collaboratively with team members to ensure effective and efficient first aid services across both campuses. The College Nurse ensures the health centres are a welcoming, supportive, effective, and efficient environment for students, staff and visitors.
The role of the Nurse is an essential component in the pastoral care of students and works closely with the Head of Early and Junior Years and Deputy Principal/ Head of Campus Middle and Senior Years along with other Senior Leadership staff.
The main objectives of the College Nurse are to:
- Use an integrated approach to health promotion and engage with the College community to develop partnerships and share knowledge
- Administering the appropriate first aid to students and teachers.
- Manage risk factors that influence the health of the college community and implement strategies
- Complies with relevant legislation and common law regarding school nursing practice
- Maintain records of attendance at sick bay, including treatment notes.
- Maintain and update notifications of student medical conditions and allergies.
- Uses multiple approaches to gather data about individual students or small groups and ensure correct health data is captured
- Liaising with parents regarding student medication requirements and medical action plans.
- Monitor relevant systems for student related to health care matters and alerts.
- Referring students to the necessary support staff should circumstances demand intervention.
- Demonstrates awareness of current research relating to school nursing practice
- Uses research findings and relevant literature to inform and improve school nursing practice
- Participate in review process of policies, procedures and guidelines based on relevant research
- Liaise with students, staff, parents and the community regarding appropriate issues and resolutions in a calm, professional, efficient manner;
- Facilitate and provide quality and efficient communication, both written and verbal, between the Deputy Principal, Principal, Leadership, staff and members of the school community, actively promoting the school’s mission, values and goals;
- Build and sustain positive relationships with staff, parents, students and other members of the school community
For a full list of duties and responsibilities please review the position description.
- Supportive of the ethos of Trinity Lutheran College as a Lutheran school.
- Qualifications – Registered nurse qualification and registration with AHPRA, Senior First Aid and CPR qualifications, experience as a school nurse would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals, including teachers, parents, students etc. maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrated personal and interpersonal skills that enhance positive relationships with all members of the community especially teaching staff and students.
- Strong ICT skills including knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Evidence of a clear service focus; ability to meet deadlines, prioritise competing work demands and provide a high-quality level of customer service to the people of the College and the wider community.
- Ability to carry out a range of nursing services and provide quality outcomes
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- Employee Assistance Program available to all staff
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
How to apply
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference highly regarded, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Advisor by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Applications close 4.00pm, 5 December 2022
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer