Graduate Accountant Permanent Position, Full Time
Trinity Lutheran College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 Christian co-educational college and an International Baccalaureate World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Located in Ashmore on the beautiful Gold Coast, we offer a world class education for all students.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Accountant to join the College. This is a permanent, full-time position. The Graduate Accountant is newly established role within the finance team and will be responsible for accounting and administration practices to provide accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail in financial record keeping.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a supportive and inclusive team environment.
The main objectives of the Graduate Accountant are to:
- To carry out various financial accounting procedures associated with formulation of financial statements, including reporting on budget versus actual, regular cash flow outlines, statutory reports, management of the global reconciliation process and other related accounting tasks to accurately account for all transactions carried out.
- To assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of the College’s Budget and assist in implement of effective mechanisms for its ongoing review.
- To carry out all General Journal entries, cash receipting and processing of cash receipts
- Undertake Bank Account Reconciliations and balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Perform capital expenditure and fixed asset monitoring
- Assist with the month end reporting process and adhere to deadlines associated
- Assist Finance Manager with the Annual Audit process.
- Support the Finance team with general Ledger functions
- Process invoices and oversee other accounts payable functions and deliverables.
For a full list of duties and responsibilities please review the position description.
The following criteria will be used by the selection panel when short-listing candidates. Applicants should address the below in their written applications.
- Bachelor of Business/ Commerce majoring in accounting
- Understanding of the relevant Accounting Standards and Regulations.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong administration skills; having the ability to work autonomously and with a high level of efficiency and accurac
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to produce employee documentation and policies/procedures whilst always ensuring accuracy
- Highly proficient ICT skills across several platforms; including Microsoft Office applications. Experience in a document control/risk management system would be highly regarded
- Strong and proven communication skills – both oral and written
- Commitment to meet quality standards; and the willingness to update their skills and knowledge on a regular basis
- Strong time management and organisation skills with the ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines; and be able to respond rapidly to change
- Must be able to work in a team environment and support the Christian ethos of the college
- Hold a Blue Card prior to commencement
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- Employee Assistance Program available to all staff
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
How to apply
For further information please review the position description for Graduate Accountant. For further information about our college please visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au.
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference highly regarded, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Advisor by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Applications close 4.00pm, 4 November 2022
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer