College Counsellor Part time, commencing 2023
Trinity Lutheran College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 Christian co-educational college and an International Baccalaureate World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Located in Ashmore on the beautiful Gold Coast, we offer a world class education for all students.
An opportunity has arisen for a College Counsellor to join the College and existing pastoral care team. This is a permanent, part-time position. We are looking for a candidate to join us January 2023.
The College Counsellor will be part of the pastoral care team working in an explicitly Christian school environment. This position will work across both our Junior Years and Middle/Senior Years campus and will look after students ranging from Prep to Year 12. Pastoral care programs and structures are emphasised and are explicitly underpinned by fundamental aspects of the College ethos and Lutheran theology.
The main objectives of the College Counsellor are to:
- Facilitate the personal and academic development of the student population through the creative integration of family, school and community resources through early intervention.
- Assist students, families and school personnel to address issues which adversely affect the functioning and optimum development of the student.
- Identify a range of needs within the school community and promote the development of policies and resources to meet those needs.
- Act as a consultant in areas pertaining to interpersonal relationships, child/adolescent development, community resources, family functioning, and racial/cultural issues.
- Carry out a range of interventions applicable at different levels of the College and facilitate communication and positive interactions within and between the areas of learning and campuses of the College.
- Assist/lead in the development and maintenance of effective school responses at times of crisis and trauma.
- Work in close partnerships with Heads of campus, College Pastor and other staff with regards to student welfare, counselling, pastoral care and/or behavioural needs.
- Counselling of students – individual (including the development of individual behaviour management plans), counselling of families/parents and staff.
For a full list of duties and responsibilities please review the position description.
- Supportive of the ethos of Trinity Lutheran College as a Lutheran school.
- Tertiary qualifications in the disciplines of counselling, social work or Psychology with relevant experience in the areas of child and adolescent development, family functioning and counselling.
- The College Counsellor should have, or be willing to undertake, training in Lutheran theology.
- Proven track record of communicating and dealing sensitively and effectively with students, teachers and parents.
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships and repoire with parents, staff and students (across P – 12).
- Excellent organisation – e.g., record-keeping; tracking of students; attendance at meetings; follow through on communications; time management and capacity to prioritise.
- Commitment to supporting the restorative practice approach to relational management in the college.
- Demonstrated high level ICT Skills.
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- Employee Assistance Program available to all staff
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
How to apply
For further information please review the position description for College Counsellor. For further information about our college please visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au.
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference highly regarded, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Advisor by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Applications close 4.00pm, 4 November 2022
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer