2023 Teaching Position – Junior Years Teacher Librarian, Full Time
Trinity Lutheran College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 Christian co-educational college and an International Baccalaureate World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Located in Ashmore on the beautiful Gold Coast, we offer a world class education for all students.
Applications are invited for Junior Years Teacher Librarian for 2023, commencing in Term 1 in our brand-new Junior Learning Precinct. We are seeking to appoint a highly enthusiastic, collaborative and experienced Teacher Librarian on our Junior Years Campus. At the heart of the IB Primary Years Programme’s philosophy is a commitment to structured inquiry as the leading vehicle for learning. Working alongside teachers and students in the development and exploration of Units of Inquiry and facilitating an inquiry approach to learning is a key element in the role of the Teacher Librarian.
General Selection criteria
- Possesses a clear understanding and experience in contemporary learning pedagogy
- Strong understanding of the developmental needs of adolescents and emerging young adults
- Ability to collaborate with the year level/department team of teachers
- Proficient and innovative in the use of ICT in the classrooms
- Create a positive classroom environment that enhances student learning
- Commitment to supporting the college’s relational management and restorative practice
- Uphold the pivotal role of the library in the ongoing implementation of the PYP by providing an environment which will create suitable conditions and resources for research and reading
- Interpersonal skills appropriate to establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff and parents, particularly the ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to ensure classroom practices that are consistent with the Australian Curriculum and experience in IB PYP pedagogy
- Willingness to contribute to the co-curricular program of the college
- Hold current QCT registration, or ability to register prior to commencement
- Experience in teaching and assessing within the Australian curriculum is desirable
- Committed to the Christian faith
- First Aid qualification or the ability to acquire such.
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- Employee Assistance Program available to all staff
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- Professional and career development opportunities
How to apply
For further information please review the position description for Junior Years Teacher Librarian. For further information about our college please visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference highly regarded, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Advisor by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Applications close 4.00pm, 21 October 2022.
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer