Heads of Year (Senior Years) – commencing January 2023
Trinity Lutheran College is an International Baccalaureate school, Early Years to Year 12. The shaping of a comprehensive P to 12 approaches to international education and developing ‘international-mindedness’ in students is one of the college’s strategic priorities. Located in Ashmore on Queensland’s beautiful Gold Coast, with excellent, well-maintained facilities and attractive grounds.
We are seeking an experienced educators with the vision, commitment and skills for effective leadership of a designated year level cohort within the Senior Years 10-12. These are full-time permanent teaching positions with added responsibilities for a tenure of 3 years renewable under the terms and conditions of the current Queensland Lutheran Schools Single Enterprise Agreement 2020.
Overview of the position:
The Head of Year is responsible for whole campus traditions, tone, community service and provides general support for all student activities and programs and initiatives. The Head of Year will create, provide and maintain services and programs consistent with students’ needs and the college’s mission.
Additionally, the Head of Year will plan, schedule and support a wide variety of social, spiritual, academic and cultural activities for students in Years 10 to 12 with the purpose of developing and deepening year level/cohort spirit and developing the connectedness to the college community.
The Head of Year is responsible for:
- Behaviour education/management
- Pastoral care, student wellbeing and spiritual development
- Community and connectedness
The successful candidates will have a record of success in pastoral care initiatives and demonstrated leadership experience.
Any experience in the following subjects should be highlighted within your application – Christian Studies, Humanities, Biology and Science.
- Be committed to growing and practicing one’s Christian faith
- Be able to provide leadership and supportive of the Christian ethos of Trinity Lutheran College as a Lutheran school
- Demonstrated leadership capacity to realise the strategic vision and intentions of the college and the mission and values of Lutheran education
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the educational and developmental needs of early adolescents as it relates to Pastoral Care
- Ability to present formally and informally to a variety of audiences in a range of settings, particularly whole-of-cohort, student groups, parent and staff forums as well as high stakes ceremonies and assemblies
- Demonstrated capacity to be an empathetic listener, an engaging and persuasive speaker and a diplomatic communicator with strong written communication skills
- Capacity to conduct student investigations that adhere to the principles of natural justice restorative practices and procedural fairness
- An ability to manage student programs and resources on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to engage parents, students and the broader community in such a way that enhances academic programs and the college’s reputation
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- Employee Assistance Program available to all staff
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Access to gym facilities
How to apply
For further information please review the position description for this position.
For further information about our college please visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference (highly regarded) and the names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Advisor by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Applications close 4.00pm, 4 October 2022.
Interviews of suitable candidates will commence as soon as they are identified. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer