Learn to Swim Teachers
Trinity Lutheran College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 Christian co-educational college and an International Baccalaureate World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Located in Ashmore on the beautiful Gold Coast, we offer a world class education for all students.
Applications are invited for Learn to Swim Teachers for our year-round swim school and for PE class lessons during Terms 1 and 4. We are seeking candidates with afternoon availability Monday to Friday, and availability for PE classes as required. The successful candidate will commence Term 4, 2022. This position offers approximately 10-20 hours per week in Terms 1 and Term 4. Terms 2 and 3 will be hours as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate swimming lessons for students aged from 3 years old
- Ensure lessons are fun, engaging and encourage achievement
- Maintain a strong focus on children’s safety at all times
- Ability to build positive relationships, with children, parents and staff
- Any other duties as required by the Learn to Swim Supervisor, Head Swimming Coach, Director of Sports, Business Manager, or Principal
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experienced swim teacher with outstanding people and situational management skills, ensuring effective management of the pool and a team environment
- AustSwim Teacher – Swimming and Water Safety is mandatory (or equivalent) qualifications will be viewed favorably or ASCTA
- Must have the drive, energy and enthusiasm for encouraging passion, enjoyment and achievement in swimming
- Must have the proven ability to organise, motivate and relate to young people
- Must have strong and proven communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including teachers, parents and students
- Support the Christian ethos of the College
- Must hold qualifications in Senior First Aid
- As per the “no card, no start” policy, you must have a current Blue Card prior to commencement
- You’re passionate about water safety and committed to facilitating a safe and enjoyable aquatic experience for everyone.
- You’ll bring to the role a genuine passion for the successful progression of students within the learn to swim program, ensuring our students are instructed at the highest level.
Key benefits of joining Trinity Lutheran College include:
- Employee Assistance Program available to all staff
- Stimulating work, contemporary facilities and learning environment
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
How to apply
For further information about our college please visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, optional church minister reference letter or Christian character reference highly regarded, names and contact details of referees are to be emailed to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Advisor by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing email@example.com
Applications close 4.00pm, 7 October 2022 but interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer