English Teacher, Middle and Senior Years – Permanent, Full-time position commencing asap
Trinity Lutheran College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 Christian co-educational college and an International Baccalaureate World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Located in Ashmore on the beautiful Gold Coast, we offer a world class education for all students.
Applications are invited for a Middle/Senior Years English Teacher. This is a permanent position and we are looking for the appointee to commence asap. Experience in English and proven ability to teach Middle and Senior Years’ English, including Years 11 Essential. Experience in teaching Christian Studies and other subject areas will be an advantage (but not essential.)
General Selection criteria
- Possesses a clear understanding and experience in contemporary learning pedagogy
- Strong understanding of the developmental needs of young children/adolescents
- Ability to collaborate with the year level/department team of teachers
- Proficient and innovative in the use of ICT in the classrooms
- Commitment to supporting the college’s relational management and restorative practice
- Interpersonal skills appropriate to establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff and parents, particularly the ability to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to contribute to the co-curricular program of the college
- Experience and understanding of the Queensland assessment and moderation procedures
- Hold current QCT registration, or ability to register prior to commencement
- Experience in teaching and assessing within the Australian curriculum is essential
- Committed to the Christian faith
For further information please review the position description for Middle/Senior Years Teacher.
For further information about our college please visit our website: www.tlc.qld.edu.au and follow the prompts to the employment section.
Applications with covering letter and resume, including a copy of QCT registration and relevant qualifications, church minister reference letter or Christian character reference letter if possible, names and contact details of three referees are to be emailed to the Principal at email@example.com
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Advisor by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4.00pm, 8 July 2022 but interested applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer