Apply before: Friday 28 Jan 2022
Trinity Lutheran College Ashmore Gold Coast invite application for the position of Chaplain.
Trinity Lutheran College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 Christian co-educational college and an International Baccalaureate World School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Located in Ashmore on Queensland’s beautiful Gold Coast, it also offers an on-site Early Learning Centre.
We are seeking a suitably qualified Chaplain that possesses a heart for ministry and is passionate about seeing young people grow and develop in their relationship with Christ.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a member of the campus Christian ministry team
- Have demonstrated experience in children and youth ministries
- Have the experience and capacity to growth the Christian ministry and possibly leading to church planting with Lutheran Church Australia Queensland District (applies to College Chaplain role only)
- Create opportunities to build relationships, and provide guidance and support to young people
- In conjunction with the pastoral care team, provide pastoral care and support for staff, students and families, particularly those in need
- As per the “no card, no start” policy, the successful applicant must have a current Blue Card prior to commencement
- Certificate IV in Youth Work or Certificate IV in Pastoral Care of an equivalent qualification including competencies in ‘mental health’ and ‘making appropriate referrals’
Please refer to the Position Description (Campus Chaplain & College Chaplain) on the college website for further details.
Applications must include:
- Covering letter, briefly addressing the selection criteria (max. 2 pages).
- Statement of faith
- Including a copy of relevant qualifications,
- Three referees, including current supervisor and church minister/pastor.
Applications with covering letter, resume including a copy of your Blue Card details and relevant qualifications, church minister reference or Christian character reference names and contact details of three referees are to be emailed to the Principal at email@example.com
Any further queries about these positions can be directed to Emma Cooper, People and Culture Advisor by calling (07) 5556 8248 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4.00 pm, Friday 28 January 2022
Trinity Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer.